Saturday, March 14, 2009

Liam's First Trip to the Barber

Until today I had been cutting Liam's hair. I should say "attempting to cut Liam's hair" because I could never get him sit still and he would always try to grab the scissors. I usually ended up chasing him with the scissors for days afterward aiming for the pieces I missed the first time. Today, however, we took him to the barber. Not just any barber but Pat the barber who has cut the hair of just about every little boy in Charlestown.

I was worried that Liam would have a difficult time with the whole experience but to my amazement he sat in the chair very bravely and held still for the whole haircut. Pat, I have to admit, is a genius when it comes to giving first-time haircuts. He gave Liam a hockey puck to hold in one hand and a golf ball with a pirate on it to hold in the other. He spoke very nicely and gently to him and showed him how the buzzer tickled. Liam even giggled when he trimmed the back with it. On the way home when we stopped at the supermarket Liam proudly told the woman at the register that he had been to the barber.

1 comment:

Laraib said...

I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.
hairdressing scissor size