Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One Year Old

Luke turned one yesterday. We started the day with a long walk to the North End because it was such a warm day. On the way home, we picked up a cake and some ice cream at Johnny's our local supermarket. I didn't expect the cake to be anything special but it actually was pretty good. After naps and dinner our neighbor Case came over. While we were waiting for Daddy to come home, the boys thought it would be fun to sit in the pan drawer under my oven.

It was hard to scold them for it - they were just too darn cute. Finally at 7 pm Daddy came home. We could have cake! Liam was remarkably patient about the whole thing. I don't think I would have been. I fully expected Luke to go to town on his cake but I think by that time he was too tired. He just had this bemused look on his face and didn't even finish his piece. Cake coma!











2 comments:

Dave said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! Let me tell you: from 39 years of experience, you're going to love having 12/15 as your b'day. Hope to see you guys soon - probably after holidays, huh?

Ben Whitestone said...

Love the Cake shots Tash!