Monday, December 15, 2008

Seeing Santa



Christmas is right around the corner and we have been busy getting ready. We put our tree up last weekend after I hauled it out of storage. It is a very sparse fake tree that I bought at target last year when Liam was just starting to walk and I was about to burst with Luke. It doesn't look too bad if you are blinded by all the lights so that you don't notice the large gaps. Every morning when we get up (for some reason this week Liam has been up at 5:30 every morning!) Liam insists that I put the tree lights on and also turn on the snowman decoration with the ever changing rainbow colors. I don't blame him, a lit christmas tree in the dark makes me smile too. Even at that early hour.



Yesterday afternoon we met the Scannells at the annual Christmas party at CBC where Santa arrived by boat! I thought that this year, with Liam being two, he would enjoy sitting with Santa. I had even coached him a bit asking what he was going to ask Santa to bring him for Christmas. (A choo-choo of course!) Deep in my heart though I think I knew what his reaction would be again this year - sheer terror. Maybe next year?

No comments: